Friday, March 30, 2007

Boys and Outside

I am figuring out that having boys and ALWAYS wanting to play outside goes hand in hand. We just came in from the hot, sticky, humid Texas weather we are already having in March in the picture above. I just thought it was kinda cute because it shows what we do every single day of our lives. Play outside and get sweaty, come in for a drink and then go straight back outside. It really kinda stinks right now though because we are renting and don't have a back yard. So its not like I can just turn the little rascals loose in a fenced back yard...every outing requires mom! So by now I'm kinda getting used to throwing on my grubbies and getting ready to sweat from jumping, throwing and running chasing after payton, who will not slow down to save his life. I cant imagine what it would be like to have girls. Man, boys are ACTIVE! I cant complain though, I'm so grateful they can be active and they are healthy and that I am able to keep up with them. I wouldn't have it any other way. I have to say, I wouldn't mind a break every once in a while, ohhhhh, a vacation sounds nice too, but, I think this exhaustion is all just part of a "moms" job. No wonder there is the saying that having 2 kids is like having two full time jobs. Some days I can definitely feel it, and I totally agree. I'm sure many mothers agree with that! I'm just going to try to enjoy this time when my kids are small and still think its "cool" or "sweet" as Preston says, to play with mom. I know this time in their lives is going to fly by, as it has so far. So in the mean time I'm just going to keep taking my ginseng for energy and just enjoy their little giggles and laughs when they throw the ball and it hits mom in the face...hahahaaa...all comes with the territory of having BOYS I guess! :)

No comments: