Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Adela kicked my butt!


Today I had a training session with Ms. Olympia Adela Garcia. I just have to say one thing...that if I thought I worked myself out hard before...HOLY COW....that was NOTHING! She really kicked my butt! Lets just say she STARTED me lifting with weights that I usually END with lifting in my own workouts. She pushed me to my limits...well, what I thought were my limits, and now I truly believe that saying "The only limits we have, are the ones we put on ourselves." That is so true. Every time I though I couldn't do one more rep., she would say, "ok, now 5 more." Granted, I did think I was going to die and I was trying to be tough and not let it show, but man...that girl is killer. I think she could tell I was tired when my face was turning bright red and there was sweat dripping down my nose. It has been 3 hours and I think my muscles are STILL shaking. Even though I am passing out with exhaustion to the point of nausea, I loved every minute of it! There is something inside of me that loves to be pushed to the limit and then exceed it. It gives me a sense of accomplishment knowing that it is mind over body and I am in control. At the end of our session I was still thinking OH MY GOSH, Im not coming back. HAHA, but now I cant wait to go again. Plus, she had me show the gym owner my Oxygen Magazine ad and he even recognized me from my commercial and said if I give him a copy of the ad to frame, he'll give me 6 months of free membership at the gym. NICE! Its my first brush with fame...haha...I get my first freebee. :)


Here is a picture of me and Adela. My face is red and sweaty and not my favorite picture, but hey, I just think its awesome I get to train with the BEST!


oh...and....Note to self....next time take the picture BEFORE you work out :)


No comments: